The Normalization of TS/TG Along with the Normalization of Gay and Lesbian

http://www.transadvocate.com/the-normalization-of-tstg-along-with-the-normalization-of-gay-and-lesbian.htm
The idea that I should consider myself primarily a member of the “Transgender Community” seemed stifling.
As I’ve said in the past I never wanted either transsexual or transgender as a honorific preceding my name. Now I know there has been a good deal of debate over the proper use of transgender or transsexual as adjective rather than noun, but I find the practice of using it as a title to be far more offensive. I’m also troubled with it being used as an adjective modifying a profession. I am a writer/photographer etc who happens to be transsexual. Seriously what do the terms transsexual or transgender really say about us? I mean beyond the obvious.
– Suzan Cooke