Lies about transgender people (and how to spot a rubbish journalist)

http://blogs.independent.co.uk/2012/08/31/lies-about-transgender-people-and-how-to-spot-a-rubbish-journalist/
I question everything, now. I recall articles from years back, on various subjects; “facts” stuck in my head; fears I was given; health advice. Were all those items poorly researched too? I see so much rot written about trans people that I just don’t know anymore. Does anyone – from legal correspondents to sports editors – really know what they’re writing about? And, if not, why read their work? News is produced on increasingly small budgets and research is becoming a luxury. Press standards are under scrutiny. Would cynics be better off reading blogs by real experts?
– Paris Lees

The sad thing is when people turn to 'trustworthy' or traditional sources for reliable information on trans issues..

.. is that it doesn't exist. You want to know about trans stuff?, you have to get it from the horse's mouth.