The social invisibility of successful women who have undergone gender corrections supports the notion that male-to-female transsexualism is extremely rare. However, intense transsexualism is not all that uncommon. Recent calculations indicate that the condition occurs in about 1 out of every 250 to 500 children born as boys, and that about 1 in every 2500 males in the U.S. has already undergone surgical sex reassignment*. Transsexualism is thus more than twice as prevalent as multiple sclerosis (MS), cerebral palsy or cleft lip/palate conditions.
Transsexual Women's Successes
- ► 2013 (25)
- The Secret Life of Transgender Rocker Tom Gabel
- My name is Aeryn
- Disclaimer (NSFW)
- The Safe Space Network Links
- Sexual Orientation for the Genderqueer Person
- Breaking through the binary: Gender explained usin...
- Being Transgender In America
- Transsexual Women's Successes
- Trans Feminism: There’s No Conundrum About It
- There's Good News and Bad News. And Fat News.
- ▼ May (10)