For as long as he can remember, Gabel has lived with a condition known as gender dysphoria. As the textbooks explain it, it's a feeling of intense dissatisfaction and disconnect from the gender you were assigned at birth. As Gabel explains it, "The cliché is that you're a woman trapped in a man's body, but it's not that simple. It's a feeling of detachment from your body and from yourself. And it's shitty, man. It's really fucking shitty."
The Secret Life of Transgender Rocker Tom Gabel
- ► 2013 (25)
- The Secret Life of Transgender Rocker Tom Gabel
- My name is Aeryn
- Disclaimer (NSFW)
- The Safe Space Network Links
- Sexual Orientation for the Genderqueer Person
- Breaking through the binary: Gender explained usin...
- Being Transgender In America
- Transsexual Women's Successes
- Trans Feminism: There’s No Conundrum About It
- There's Good News and Bad News. And Fat News.
- ▼ May (10)